Parent Training In and Out of the Classroom
Because parents are our primary classroom workers, we offer parent training on various topics, including working with children with Special Needs, supporting your child’s positive behavior, reading to your child and early literacy, conflict resolution, and many others. Our child development experts provide on-site coaching in the classroom and at monthly parent meetings.
Some skills and abilities we want our parent workers to learn are:
• being aware of children’s emotions, motivations, development
• recognizing teaching opportunities with children
• validating and listening to children
• helping children label emotions
• helping children problem-solve
• eliciting children’s language and other developmental skills
• playing with children
• actively help teacher accomplish classroom tasks
• mediating conflicts
• assisting with transitions
If you are working as a Parent Representative for your Co-op, you are eligible for Co-op management training courses!