Co-Op Committee Descriptions
- Work with Teacher, Board Maintenance Committee and Board Events Committee.
- Keep our school clean, safe, and in good condition for our children. These projects involve…
- Incidental painting, sanding, electrical work, gardening, sewing, or other activities needed to maintain the school.
- Assist with set up and cleanup of all-site events and your site’s events.
- Coordinate their site’s yearly maintenance day, including:
- conduct a needs assessment with the teacher at least 2 weeks in advance and creating a list of projects for the day,
- create a list of materials needed to complete projects,
- create a co-op sign-up system for materials and projects,
- communicate with their co-op about projects to be completed,
- work with fundraising committee to arrange lunch for workers on maintenance day,
- manage and oversee projects on maintenance.
- Work with Parent Rep, Teacher, Board Fundraising Committee. Computer access preferred.
- Help execute all fundraising activities for the school, including:
- Maintain fundraising database,
- Assist with any auction or raffle activities at events,
- Assist with annual mailing,
- Seek donors from community to sponsor on-site and board events,
- Organize pledge drives, bake sale, and/or special projects to be developed by the co-op and board, as needed.
Special Events Committee
- Work with Parent Rep, Teacher, Board Events Committee and Board Fundraising Committee.
- Plan and coordinate refreshments, decorations, entertainment, publicity, staffing etc. for their site’s non-fundraising site-based events, including class picnics, field trips, back to school night.
- Create or delegate the creation of marketing materials for site-based events.
- Seek donors from the community for events.
- Assist with board fundraising events: Art & Music Festival, Summer Gala.
Communications and Membership Committee
- Work with Parent Rep, Teacher, Board Co-Op Committee and Board Marketing Committee.
- Must have computer and internet access; must have phone access.
- Responsibilities include:
- Provide support for co-op communications such as site-based listserves, phone trees, or other communication systems (as needed),
- By site, conduct parent survey for each member upon enrollment, administer annual survey at parent meeting, and conduct parent survey for each member upon exit (provide instructions, collect surveys, check for completeness),
- Update all-site member database monthly,
- Work with teacher to maintain member participation records monthly,
- Work with Parent Rep and Marketing Committee member to maintain site enrollment at full capacity by posting ads to social media sites, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Work with Parent Rep, Teacher, Board Marketing Committee.
- Access to computer is preferred, access to a camera preferred (not a phone camera).
- Coordinate school publicity, including:
- Assist parent rep with school tours,
- Assist with staffing YT booth at preschool fairs,
- Attend community events and provide outreach (as needed),
- Handle (and delegating) distributing fliers and social media promotion for site-based events for 1 month ahead of event,
- Work with other co-ops on distributing fliers and social media promotion for board events for 1-2 months ahead of event,
- Assist with video production on-site, as needed,
- Photograph site-based events or finding a photographer to do site-based events.