Co-Op Committee Descriptions
Hours are estimated for year-round duties.
- Works with Teacher, Board Maintenance Committee and Board Events Committee.
- Is charged with keeping our school clean, safe, and in good condition for our children. These projects involve…
- Incidental painting, sanding, electrical work, gardening, sewing, or other activities needed to maintain the school. (approx. 1-2 hrs/mo on school site)
- Coordinating their site’s yearly maintenance day, including -conducting a needs assessment with the teacher at least 2 weeks in advance and creating a list of projects for the day (approx. 1-2 hrs on site),
- Creating a list of materials needed to complete projects (approx. 1 hr),
- Creating a co-op sign-up system for materials and projects (approx 30 min),
- Communicating with their co-op about projects to be completed (approx 3 hrs, over 2 weeks),
- Arranging lunch for workers on day of (approx. 1 hr)
- Managing and overseeing projects on day of (approx. 8 hours on-site, including clean-up).
- Assisting with setup and cleanup of all-site events and your site’s events, (either set-up or clean-up, approx. 2 hrs each event) including the Fall Carnival, the Holiday Party, the Art and Music event, and Graduation. Please see calendar for dates and locations of events and class maintenance day.
- Families who have bought out of their Maintenance Day obligations cannot serve on the Maintenance Committee. ~52 hrs/year
- Works with Parent Rep, Teacher, Board Fundraising Committee.
- Computer access preferred.
- Helps execute all fundraising activities for the school, including:
- Maintaining fundraising database (online, can be done from home; 10 hours of work ahead of annual mailing in December),
- Assisting with any auction or raffle activities at events (approx. 20 hours of work ahead of event, set-up, run, and wrap-up event, post-auction analysis in January and February),
- Assisting with annual mailing (approx. 10 hrs of printing, stuffing envelopes, organizing by address, in Fremont in November),
- Seeking donors from community to sponsor on-site and board events (approx. 10 hours of work ahead of each event, see calendar for dates),
- Managing pledge drives, bake sale, and/or special projects to be developed by the co-op and board, as needed. ~50 hrs/year
Special Events Committee
- Works with Parent Rep, Teacher, Board Events Committee and Board Fundraising Committee.
- Plans and coordinates refreshments, decorations, entertainment, publicity, staffing etc. for their site’s…
- Site-based fundraising events. Los Altos: Fall Carnival, Fremont: Bowl-a-thon, San Jose: Bowl-a-thon. (Approx. 10-20 hrs prep, on-site for duration of event, 5 hrs wrap and analysis, at school, at home, at event site),
- Non-fundraising site-based events: Graduation, Holiday Party, class picnics, field trips, back to school night. (approx. 4 hrs prep, on-site for duration of event, 1 hr wrap),
- Creates or delegates creation of marketing materials for site-based events (approx. 5 hrs/event)
- Seeks donors from community for events (approx. 5 hrs/event)
- Board fundraising events: Art & Music Festival, Summer Gala (Approx 4 hrs per event, on-site). ~50 hrs/year.
Communications and Membership Committee
- Works with Parent Rep, Teacher, Board Co-Op Committee and Board Marketing Committee.
- Must have computer and internet access; must have phone access.
- Responsibilities include…
- Providing support for co-op communications such as site-based listserves, phone trees, or other communication systems (as needed),
- by site, conduct parent survey for each member upon enrollment, administer annual survey at parent meeting, and conduct parent survey for each member upon exit (provide instructions, collect surveys, check for completeness; approx. 30 mins for enrollment and exit survey, on-site; approx. 60 mins for annual survey, on-site).
- Updating all-site member database monthly (approx 1 hr/mo, can be done at home)
- Working with teacher to maintain member participation records monthly (approx. 1 hr/mo, can be done at home via email).
- Working with Parent Rep and Marketing Committee member to maintain site enrollment at full capacity by posting ads to social media sites, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. (approx. 1 hr/mo). ~42 hrs/year
- Works with Parent Rep, Teacher, Board Marketing Committee.
- Access to computer is preferred, access to a camera preferred (not a phone camera).
- Coordinates school publicity, including…
- Assisting parent rep with school tours (approx. 1 hr/mo, on-site)
- Assisting with staffing YT booth at preschool faires (1 faire/year, approx 6 hrs, at event location)
- Attending community events and providing outreach (as needed)
- Handling (and delegating) all flyering and social-media promotion for site-based events for 1 month ahead of event (1-2 fundraising events/year, 2-3 community events/year; social media can be done at home, flyering will be done in community)
- Working with other co-ops on flyering and social-media promotion for board events for 1-2 months ahead of event (2 events/year; social media can be done at home, flyering will be done in community, see calendar for event dates)
- Assisting with video production on-site, as needed. (approx. 1 shoot/year, on-site, 4 hrs)
- Photographing site-based events or finding a photographer to do site-based events (approx. 3/year, on-site, see calendar for event dates). ~50 hrs/year